Welcome!

Anyone can leave comments on stories you read, let me know what you like and what you don't, this is a blog for the people. Use your power!

Suggestions?
email me @ beatblathering@gmail.com


Friday, June 17, 2011

Movie Review: 127 Hours

127 Hours stars James Franco. IT is the story of a hiking, biking, mountain climbing dude who gets trapped in a canyon for 127 hours. I went in thinking it would be boring and kind of flat but boy was I wrong. The entire movie only has 20 characters, so I won't lie, be prepared for a lot of James Franco. And the canyon.



The movie takes us through the character's mind as it slowly comes unhinged. We see his mind go from anger to paranoia, to insanity. He flashbacks to parts of his life, which blend together and at times create feelings almost like a few scenes in Requiem for a Dream.

Apparently the guy this story was based on has been all over the cable tv circuit. I hadn't heard of it before. The nerve-racking parts of the movie come when he comes to terms with the fact that he is going to die. I'm not giving away any spoilers, but if you like mind-fucking type stuff, check it out. If you want some light movie for a Friday night, get something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment