Welcome!

Anyone can leave comments on stories you read, let me know what you like and what you don't, this is a blog for the people. Use your power!

Suggestions?
email me @ beatblathering@gmail.com


Wednesday, November 23, 2011

More Ads for Facebook, Yay!

From Huffington Post:
Facebook will be serving up more ads in more places thanks to its latest change.
The social networking service has introduced "Sponsored Stories," a.k.a. advertisements, in the ticker module that appears at the top right-hand side of users' home pages.

The ticker, unveiled in September, presents a feed of the actions your Facebook friends have taken on the site, such as "liking" a friend's status update, commenting on a photo or accepting a friend request. Users' activity on third-party apps, like music-streaming service Spotify, also feeds into the ticker, which for many has become a distracting jumble of all the songs their friends have listened to, all the articles they've read and all the minute actions they've taken on the site. 
 
A Facebook spokeswoman confirmed that Facebook has launched two types of advertisements -- "Page Like" and "App Used/Game Played" Sponsored Stories -- that will be showcased in the ticker. For example, a Sponsored Story in the ticker might highlight that a friend has "liked" Heineken's Facebook page. (See screenshot below)



You know that every new feature Facebook ads they eventually are going to turn into a way to insert more advertising. I mean talk about information I could give a fuck less about. I already hate the stupid ticker thing, now putting this type of shit in there is just going to make me ignore it completely like about 90% of the screen on Facebook.

Fuck you Zuckerberg you greedy cocksucking piece of shit. Put an ad on that, bitch.

I mean why the fuck do I care about someone getting to level 13 in some stupid game? All it tells me is that they are one of those morons who lvoes Facebook so much they even play Facebook games. Idiot alert.

I can already see Facebook in a year or two. If you aren't paying for an account then literally 80% of the screen will be an ad for something one of your friends liked or some bullshit. Awful. If I didn't use it to lure suckers here then I'd be so out of Facebook.

1 comment:

  1. like everything in greedy ass america, it's nice at first but soon gets fucked

    ReplyDelete