Welcome!

Anyone can leave comments on stories you read, let me know what you like and what you don't, this is a blog for the people. Use your power!

Suggestions?
email me @ beatblathering@gmail.com


Thursday, February 17, 2011

Miguel Cabrera: DUI

According to The Smoking Gun, last night we had the first arrest of the 2011 MLB season. Detriot Tigers superstar Miguel Cabrera was stopped on the side of a road in Florida with smoke pouring out of his engine. A cop stopped to see what the fuck was going on and Cabrera was allegedly so drunk he was sipping from a bottle of Scotch in front of the Sheriff, smooth.

Oh hey Miguel
Apparently while he was being cuffed he started running around in the road with his hands up. When another officer arrived to help get Cabrera secured, he required a little coaxing, including a twist of the wrist and "3-4 knee spikes" which I assume means they just charlie horsed the shit out of him and threw him in the cop car while he was yelling "Fuck you! Do you know who I am?" Classic. The full story is here at The Smoking Gun.

Why the fuck isn't there a video of this arrest? I want to see Cabrera sipping from a bottle and flipping out, yelling all sorts of shit. I want this tape! I mean here's what I don't get. In my mind nothing is more likely to get you beaten or "knee spiked" quicker than saying "Do you know who I am?" Either they do and think you're an asshole for trying to use your position to get out of it, or they think you're one of like a hundred drunks who pretend to be famous when they get cuffed. But I'm no fool, I know cop cars have dashboard cams, I want footage. Show me the goods someone. Way to start off spring training too bro, good to know starting the season doesn't affect your intake of Scotch.

No comments:

Post a Comment