Welcome!

Anyone can leave comments on stories you read, let me know what you like and what you don't, this is a blog for the people. Use your power!

Suggestions?
email me @ beatblathering@gmail.com


Thursday, June 16, 2011

Texas Sucks

So the NBA Champion Dallas Maverick's DeShawn Stevenson got picked up by cops Tuesday night for public intoxication.


From ESPN:
Stevenson told Dallas TV station KDFW he was in the parking lot looking for his phone after doing some celebrating at a friend's apartment.

"A couple cops came up to me, asked me was I drunk," Stevenson said. "I said no but I had a couple drinks. I guess he talked to somebody else and then he just put me in handcuffs for no reason."
He was arrested without incident on a Class C misdemeanor charge, based on the results of a sobriety test, an officer's observations and his statements.

"They felt he was a danger to himself and others," Irving public information officer John Argumaniz said. "Basically, he was intoxicated to a point where [police] didn't feel comfortable letting him walk away or leave. They didn't have any other options at that point."

How bad does Texas suck? Arresting a player for your championship winning hoops team for being drunk in public? What the fuck? No ride home? I don't particularly care, but look people need to act like champions. You think tonight in Boston a Bruin will get picked up for being slammered walking around Boston? No, because the whole city knows how to win. Your team busts their ass and win you a 'chip, you go all out. Let them get wasted, they earned it.

Public intoxication is just a law on the books they can use to get people who are belligerent off the streets. But a hometown hero getting busted just for stumbling around and not knowing where the fuck he is? That is bush-league shit, Texas. Learn how to support your athletes.

No comments:

Post a Comment