Welcome!

Anyone can leave comments on stories you read, let me know what you like and what you don't, this is a blog for the people. Use your power!

Suggestions?
email me @ beatblathering@gmail.com


Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Why does Ozzie Guillen Talk?

Alright, straight-up I love Ozzie Guillen. I think that in a sea of boring baseball managers, he is always good for some excitement. And now he's suspended, again.

From ESPN:
MIAMI -- The Miami Marlins have suspended manager Ozzie Guillen for five games for comments he made in which he expressed admiration for Cuban leader Fidel Castro.

"The Marlins acknowledge the seriousness of the comments attributed to Guillen," the team said in a prepared statement announcing the move. "The pain and suffering caused by Fidel Castro cannot be minimized especially in a community filled with victims of the dictatorship."

Marlins bench coach Joey Cora will be the interim manager during the suspension.

Speaking first in Spanish on Tuesday morning in Miami, Guillen apologized to the city, its Cuban-American community and all Latin Americans for the comments, which were published on Time magazine's website last week.

According to ESPN's translation of his comments in Spanish. "I am here to say I am sorry with my heart in my hands and I want to say I'm sorry to all those people who are hurt indirectly or directly."

Ozzie giveth no fucks
Look I get that Guillen had to be suspended. I mean coming out in favor of that last bastion of Communism in a sport where most of the players have some connection to the Caribbean or Cuba. You just can't do that. But I mean let's be real if it wasn't for Ozzie, baseball would be just above competitive chess in terms of entertainment.

Keep on being you Ozzie, but keep in mind supporting dictators is frowned upon in most societies.

1 comment:

  1. Bah, I love baseball. Ozzie did wonders for the Chicago White Sox in 2005, as a rookie manager no less.

    ReplyDelete