Welcome!

Anyone can leave comments on stories you read, let me know what you like and what you don't, this is a blog for the people. Use your power!

Suggestions?
email me @ beatblathering@gmail.com


Friday, January 28, 2011

I Stand With Taco Bell

Okay so everyone is talking about this new lawsuit against Taco Bell. Essentially it alleges that they are using false advertising by using the phrase "ground beef" to refer to their product.

The lawsuit was filed last Friday by an Alabama law firm that claims that the additives in Taco Bell's beef does not meet the U.S. Department of Agriculture's standards of "beef". The firm claims the mixture contains less than 35% beef. Full story here.

Taco Bell has defended their product of course. In this video the company's president claims that the mixture actually contains 88% USDA ground beef.



Alright, there are both sides of this, and a couple things bother me. First, what the fuck is up with that video? It's filmed in like a hallway with interns walking by and shit, real professional bro. And why is their president British? Someone who knows Mexican food should be the prez of T-Bell, no question.



But here's the thing, I have no problem with this lawsuit. Lawyers jobs are to attack. They find someone they think is lying, and they sue them. I get it, but now I just hope people aren't all poo-pooing Taco Bell. Like McDonalds chicken nuggets have any real chicken in them. It's fast food, it tastes good. People don't really care because it's so simple and tasty and cheap. If you want prime ingredients and shit, make your own fucking tacos. If you are lazy or stoned, then hit up Taco Bell, and enjoy. I could give a flying fuck, they make it taste good, I understand their ground beef isn't all ground beef, but come on man. I'm sure the actual percentage of ground beef in the mixture will come out by the end of this, and it will be higher than 35%. Just don't assume because a lawsuit is claiming something makes it true, let's all wait for this to pan out before we crush the best fast food chain outside of In 'N' Out Burger. I'm with you Taco Bell, to the bitter, non-beef end.

No comments:

Post a Comment