Welcome!

Anyone can leave comments on stories you read, let me know what you like and what you don't, this is a blog for the people. Use your power!

Suggestions?
email me @ beatblathering@gmail.com


Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Mixtape Review: Cabin Fever

Okay Wiz Khalifa dropped a new tape last week. It's good. Download it here at Datpiff.

The First track is "Phone Numbers" ft. Trae the Truth, who i like. The song is pretty damn good. Feels like classic Wiz for some reason. Good track.

"Cabin Fever" is the title track. It's good but it feels like the same old stuff. I mean don't get me wrong, it's good, but it just feels like Wiz has done it before, a bunch.



"Gang Bang" ft. Big Sean is up third on the tape. It's good, the sample is good. It's got the signature Wiz flow. Nothing special though.

"Taylor Gang" I like this anthem. The sample is good and Wiz spits fire.

"Middle of You" This is like the only different sounding track on the mixtape. The rest is generic Wiz. This song is pretty cool. The sample is good, very Cudi-like.

"Homicide" I like this song because Wiz kinda does that thing where he sings, but it's like half-singing. It sounds good.

Overall this is sort of an eh Wiz mixtape. But what the fuck can you do when I gotta compare it to Kush & OJ and Burn After Rolling? I mean you can't beat those two. Hopefully Wiz isn't on the decline though. I like that skinny little pothead.

No comments:

Post a Comment